Friday, May 6, 2011

Every Day I marvel at how the role of being a mother has changed. I am in awe of the Mothers who run their businesses from home while taking care of families, the mothers who take long commutes to work every day and prioritize their time with family to make sure that every minute counts.
The stay at home mother is to be revered for the sacrifices she makes to keep the home and find her own identity while raising a child and growing herself inside and out. This is what I see in my own daughterinlove, Melissa. She is the mother of my beautiful Abigail, 16 months old and full of life and spunk and personality.
As we enter this weekend of honoring Mothers I cannot help but be humbled by my own mother who graciously raised 6 daughters who would become mothers but also worked along side my father in a demanding business. She always found time to make our home a place where all our friends wanted to be. For that I am thankful.
Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful mothers in my life.

No comments: